Getting Crafty

The annual touring Craft Fair is here. I made my yearly pilgrimage to the Fair on Thursday with M at school. I used to think I need more than 2 hours to browse the many many stalls, but this year I was very happy that it only took me 2 hours!

I am always bowled over by the creative energy and displays at the Fair - always an experience truly inspirational. Last year, my duties at the craft fair was one of manning the Creative Memories stall for a day. I loved it but after your legs turn to lead, you sorta pre-empt that you will NOT be doing this anymore!!

Every year, I go seeking out the newest "sensation" of the crafty and creative world. I remember falling in love with Quilting at my first craft fair in August of 2001! I am still in love with it now, if only I can make the time..or space on my scrapbook desk!!! About 2 years back, it was beading!

Well, this year, I bought:

1. "Meranda" doll kit from KatKins

2. Cherry Blosson Geisha Applique Kit

3. Geisha Goddesses Panel

4. Belisa Cashmere Scarf Knitting Kit

Yes, I didn't pick up anything new, simply because there was nothing new to me anymore! As I strolled along the aisles gawking at their wares and displays, I found myself taking stock of the different crafts there was and which ones I have dabbled in through the years..."done that" .."and that"..."and that too"..."ooohhh, will definitely try that one" .....on and on!

Upon leaving the Fair, I felt so proud at how creatively adventureous I am...

No comments: