Shirk...

definition: neglect a duty or responsibility...

I have a splitting headache...again. I am thinking it could be that cup of coffee. Oh dear.

Anyway, today..was interesting, to say the least. Arrived work and sort out a few things before my assistant goes off to visit a sick relative overseas.

The discussions today with management, got me really thinking about alot of issues, on many levels. One that really sticks out like a sore thumb is the issue of execution of duties/responsibility and shirking. Where do you draw the line? When a 2IC is given a directive from a higher authority, when is it that 2IC is shirkings by merely "pushing" the directive down the line not really caring where that directive is given - as long as it is out their hand? It then means that they have "done" their duties and now someone else's problems...? This irks me, especially when I have given them the benefit of the doubt that the y DO know protocol...

Really gets my goat, really does....

No comments: