What Would Jane Do?

well didn't think they would reply my email but they did...this was their response:

Hi,
Fake names are a violation of our Terms of Use. Facebook requires users to provide their full first and last names (i.e. no initials). Impersonating anyone or anything is prohibited. Nicknames can be used in the form of FirstName 'NickName' LastName, but only if they are a variation on your real first or last name, such as 'Bob' instead of 'Robert'.
If you would like to use this profile again, just get back to us with your real name, and we will reevaluate your account status.
Thanks for your understanding,
Kyle

User Operations
Facebook

I was wondering how they came to this conclusion? well....when you send an email signed as the REAL you, they will start to question why this email address points to a different facebook profile! d'uh!

Being a principled person (yah right! wouldn't be in this mess if I was my real self on facebook to start with!!), i told them that my "sister" was the predominant user of my facebook acct, but lately i have taken over active use but never thinking to correcting my profile name. BUT since deemed "disabled" a few days ago, I have created a new CORRECT account. How's that for a principled-person...

Anyway, if Facebook has black-marked me due to this, I will probably be gone for good!

hmm... What Would Jane Do?

No comments: