I remember first hearing about this boyband way back in mid-1999. "Fool Again" was repeatedly aired, that it got ingrained in my subconscience! With a catchy rhythm, lyrical and melodiously beautiful, followed by gorgeous harmony - and ahh, the transposition (am a total sucker for transpositions!), "Fool Again" quickly became one of my favourite songs.
Another of my then favourite was "My Love".
All I knew of them then, was that they called themselves Westlife. To me they were "just" another pretty-boyband, yet another one hailing from Ireland (I was already head-over-heels with the ever so fantastic Ronan!). Had no idea, nor the interest then, who the members were; I simply enjoyed their nice little songs. They do/did covers of some very popular songs that I knew well; and I give them enough credit for their versions were decent. Their sound and style was distinct enough and I could always tell if Westlife sang a cover. Just recently, they were promoting their tour to Australia, and STILL didn't pay attention. When Delta Goodrem hooked up with the errant Bryan Mcfadden, I thought "Bry..who?" Yes, I was the fool!
The other day, waiting for my MIL in the car, I heard "I have a Dream" on the radio, sounding very Westlife-ish. Lo and behold, my instincts and ears didn't fail me! Found out later they covered this song maaaaaany years ago!
Anyway, upon searching Youtube for "Uptown girl" by Billy Joel (something totally unrelated to Westlife), I was so pleasantly surprised to find that Westlife had also done a cover of that song! They did it waaay back in 2002 - I must've been under a rock!
Yes back to being a fool, I NOW decided to find out a little more about these Irish lads - apart from their delightful (read sexy!) accents (I doubt I am I the only one here!). So now we know that Bryan has left, leaving Mark Feehily (co lead vocal) who is so totally good looking; you can tell from the videos clips, HE is the cameraman's favourite!!!! And there's Cian Egan; the blond-blue eye sweety. There's Nicky Bryne whose a daddy to twin boys. Finally, the lead vocal, Shane Phelan; married his teenage sweetheart (aawww) and daddy to a little girl. I must say, they are pretty hunky looking bunch of boys!
Listening to this song again (courtesy of youtube, over and over again!) I am brought back to 1999, those long 3 hours, frequent travels to and fro, the Ladang and the city on errands, listening to the radio to this song being aired..over and over again! Another song that I seem to time- travel to is "When you say nothing at all" by Ronan Keating. *smile* and *siiiiigh*
A perfect segue; Tom Lefroy was an Irish too. Oh Jane...
Anyway another nice one..."Swear It Again" , newer song .."Something Right"..yet another one "I lay my love on you"
Finally,Another of my then favourite was "My Love".
All I knew of them then, was that they called themselves Westlife. To me they were "just" another pretty-boyband, yet another one hailing from Ireland (I was already head-over-heels with the ever so fantastic Ronan!). Had no idea, nor the interest then, who the members were; I simply enjoyed their nice little songs. They do/did covers of some very popular songs that I knew well; and I give them enough credit for their versions were decent. Their sound and style was distinct enough and I could always tell if Westlife sang a cover. Just recently, they were promoting their tour to Australia, and STILL didn't pay attention. When Delta Goodrem hooked up with the errant Bryan Mcfadden, I thought "Bry..who?" Yes, I was the fool!
The other day, waiting for my MIL in the car, I heard "I have a Dream" on the radio, sounding very Westlife-ish. Lo and behold, my instincts and ears didn't fail me! Found out later they covered this song maaaaaany years ago!
Anyway, upon searching Youtube for "Uptown girl" by Billy Joel (something totally unrelated to Westlife), I was so pleasantly surprised to find that Westlife had also done a cover of that song! They did it waaay back in 2002 - I must've been under a rock!
Yes back to being a fool, I NOW decided to find out a little more about these Irish lads - apart from their delightful (read sexy!) accents (I doubt I am I the only one here!). So now we know that Bryan has left, leaving Mark Feehily (co lead vocal) who is so totally good looking; you can tell from the videos clips, HE is the cameraman's favourite!!!! And there's Cian Egan; the blond-blue eye sweety. There's Nicky Bryne whose a daddy to twin boys. Finally, the lead vocal, Shane Phelan; married his teenage sweetheart (aawww) and daddy to a little girl. I must say, they are pretty hunky looking bunch of boys!
Listening to this song again (courtesy of youtube, over and over again!) I am brought back to 1999, those long 3 hours, frequent travels to and fro, the Ladang and the city on errands, listening to the radio to this song being aired..over and over again! Another song that I seem to time- travel to is "When you say nothing at all" by Ronan Keating. *smile* and *siiiiigh*
A perfect segue; Tom Lefroy was an Irish too. Oh Jane...
Anyway another nice one..."Swear It Again" , newer song .."Something Right"..yet another one "I lay my love on you"
No comments:
Post a Comment