I've read somewhere that the puppy is coming to the White House in April. Awwww...."It is always my focus to make sure that I'm doing my job as a mom. Barack and I both, no matter what's going on, we're always measuring our progress by how our kids are doing. If they're happy and they're feeling confident and loved, and they're doing well in shcool and they have friends, then I feel whatever else is happening it doesn't really matter. As a mom I'm always wondering, 'Am I doing everything I can do?' So I think that's always a challenge"
The commitment of Barack and Michelle is astounding! "Barack and I haven't missed a parent-teacher conference throughout this whole process [presidential campaign]"
Despite their newfound status, Michelle is determined that Malia (10) and Sasha (7) live "normal" lives. During her first visit to the White House, she warned staff not to do chores, explaining that the girls will have to tidy their rooms and make their beds. And its seems the girls have their feet firmly planted on the ground.
"How many kids really care about what their parents do for a living?" says Michelle. "When they come home it's 'Lemme show you want I drew'. My kids are still wonderfully self centred. And as a result, what Dad does is neat, and they think Dad'll be a great president."
Michelle, you go girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment