Aussis, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

We had special guest for dinner today. A lovely family from Down Under. Being 'new' in town can be unnerving for some! But they are as solid as Aussie's come.

They came in time for afternoon tea of freshly brewed coffee and freshly baked aromatic 'pandan' chiffon cake, while the kids were thoroughly enjoying themselves playing with each other in the pool. It would be nightfall before they would leave the pool! J really enjoyed their company too - for the first time, in a long time, J's found kids he can truly connect and feel at home with. These guys were as outgoing, enthusiastic and shared the same passion for books and trivia. They quizzed each other through out their lasagna dinner!!

I was very very proud at how my lasagna turned out! Much better than it ever did back when! I guess it was the scratch-made cheese sauce. I would usually 'cheat' a little with a bottle of store bought Bechamel Sauce which was always waaay too salty. Only fault was, I didn't quite make enough! It was a knock-out winner with kids. So us adults had to contend with only 1 serve of lasagna with more side of salad and barbequed chicken (courtesy of Mr.Darcy). Next time, we should include fresh-baked bread!! Yumm....

I also found out how very much connected to the great late-Asang, they were!!

1 comment:

sanmelmom said...

ya. closely related to Asang. :-)