37 and counting

So I am officially going over the hill!

Spent a quiet evening with the family, over dinner at our favourite Italian Restaurant, celebrating that milestone! Was a bit dissappointed that the waiter didn't take Mr. Darcy seriously when he insinuated that it was my birthday dinner. In fact, I thought the waiter was rather an ass! That's for another post!

It was nonetheless, a delicious dinner (as always, at this joint!). Mom loved the pizza so much, that we decided to drop by for supper, the evening after!

Anyway, I am being in a very reflective mood, right now and it doesn't help that I am verging over-the-hill-ness!

Today sitting at the lawyer's office, looking at his credentials hanging on the wall, being surrounded by books on Torts and Contracts, I wonder how different my life would've been if I had pursued my teenage dream of becoming a lawyer. I reckon I would've been a kick-ass lawyer! But that didn't happen. Instead I obeyed and took up accounts instead. I enjoy the work, although I am so mediocre at the job!! Would I have been a better lawyer? I wonder....

Then there was that inkling of a possibility that I might have taken up Musicology, but I was too ill-talented in the midst of the blazing glory of other aspiring music students. I would've taken piano performance and voice, maybe even dabble a little in musical theater. Would I have been a good 'musician'? I wonder...

So sitting here, listening to Avalon's "Can't Live a Day", I ponder at my life....and its not bad, not bad at all....

.....it could be worse......


4 comments:

Verone said...

you know what...you are the kind of person who will do well in any field :-) Esp arts related stuff, I think. I can picture you surrounded by arts, producing arts...you are just artistic!

Aunty J said...

You know wat..I've always think u will made an excellent lawyer since the day I know you! ;p

Aunty J said...

btw, happy belated bday dearie! :)

ArtiSands said...

ver: thanks! u're always very encouraging!!

aunty j: thanks for the wishes! don't feel too old yet...hehe...